SIA Foundation awards more than $90,000 in grants to 12 Indiana nonprofits
Updated: Apr 1
During a ceremony today at Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA), 12 Indiana nonprofit organizations were awarded capital grants totaling more than $90,000 by the SIA Foundation.
Since its establishment in 1997, the SIA Foundation has awarded more than $1.5 million to fund nonprofit projects across Indiana. Recipients at today’s event represented Dearborn, Lake, Marion, Porter, Putnam and Tippecanoe counties.
The SIA Foundation awards grants twice annually to nonprofit organizations seeking capital funding in arts and culture, health and welfare or education programs. More information can be found at siafoundation.org.
Recipients for the winter grant cycle are:
· Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis (Marion County) – $5,440.88
In support of their snacks and meals program for youth, the grant will be used to purchase a new freezer for their Lilly Club location.
· Camptown (Marion County) – $6,066.75
In support of their outdoor programs for youth, the grant will be used to replace and add to their inventory of camping equipment (including tents and sleeping bags).
· Dearborn County Clearinghouse (Dearborn County) – $10,000.00
In support of their mission to feed the hungry, the grant will be used to purchase warehouse shelving and a hydraulic stacker.
· DePauw University School of Music (Putnam County) – $10,000.00
In support of the Putnam County strings program for fourth- and fifth-grade students, the grant will help purchase a class set of 35 violins.
· Family Promise of Greater Indianapolis (Marion County) – $3,000.00
In support of their mission to eliminate homelessness, the grant will purchase a second trailer for transporting rollaway beds to organizations that host homeless families.
· Imagination Station (Tippecanoe County) – $9,958.00
In support of their mission to provide STEM-related experiences, the grant will purchase equipment to add virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) platforms at their facility.
· Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana (Lake County) – $8,621.60
In support their commercial kitchen which provides hot meals daily to a wide range of people in need, the grant will purchase utility carts, insulated coolers and meal carriers.
· Million Meal Movement (Marion County) – $5,695.99
In support of reducing safety risks during their meal-packing events to feed the hungry, the grant will be used to purchase an electric pallet jack, a table carrier, walkie-talkies and extension cord cable protectors.
· Newfields (Marion County) – $8,498.00
In support of the Madeline F. Elder Greenhouse, the grant will be used to purchase seven new energy- and water-efficient evaporative coolers.
· Right Steps Child Development Centers (Tippecanoe County) – $10,000.00
In support of increased safety for the children in their care, as well as their staff, the grant will purchase intruder locks, panic buttons and a camera surveillance system.
· Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department (Porter County) – $9,500.00
In support of efforts to enhance the quality of their fire prevention program, the grant will purchase an inflatable fire education house for use at schools and community events.
· William Henry Harrison High School (Tippecanoe County) – $5,988.00
In support of making their photography classes accessible to all students, the grant will be used to purchase 12 digital cameras and related equipment for loaning during class.