SIA FOUNDATION /// GRANTS
The SIA Foundation, Inc. is committed to making gifts to qualifying 501(c) 3 organizations or entities within the State of Indiana that will improve the quality of life and help meet the needs of our residents. The Foundation achieves this mission through cash grants which are used to support the funding of specific capital projects in the areas of:
Arts and Culture
Health and Welfare
CYCLE /// DATES
January 1 through March 31 to be considered for a grant to be dispersed by June 15
July 1 through September 30 to be considered for a grant to be dispersed by December 15
To be considered eligible, proposals must meet these criteria:
- Grant requests must be for $1,000 or more, with a maximum requested amount of $15,000
- Funding must be used for investments in facilities, equipment or real estate (non-operating expenses)
- Applying organizations must be either: 1) tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c) with a chapter or office in Indiana, 2) an education institution located in Indiana, or 3) an Indiana governmental or quasi-governmental entity.
- Organizations must be financially sound
The SIA Foundation Board of Directors evaluates proposals based on:
- Significance of need
- Potential of grant to improve the quality of a program or service provided, and the quality of life of those served
- Potential of long-term impact and success within the local community served
- Scale of Projects within the local community served
Grants from the SIA Foundation must be used for investments in facilities, equipment or real estate made by qualifying organizations. Organizations, institutions or entities receiving grants may be required to repay the grant if the funds are not utilized for their specified purpose within one (1) year of the date of issuance of the grant.
If awarded with an SIA Foundation grant, organizations must abstain from the next two grant cycles before applying for another grant.
Support will NOT be provided for:
- Operating costs, routine expenses, or deficit reduction
- Endowments or memorials
- Fund-raising events, conferences, meals, or travel
- Annual fund drives
Support will NOT be provided to:
- Organizations located outside of Indiana or organizations that are not tax-exempt
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation or support political candidates
- Fraternal organizations and organizations primarily promoting religious activities; or requiring participants to be of a certain faith or a member of a fraternal organization in order to participate in programs or receive services
- Organizations that discriminate in the provision of services on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, disability, age, religious affiliation or any other unlawful basis
Proposals will be prioritized according to the Foundation's goals. Occasionally follow-up research will be conducted by the Foundation's staff. Organizations, institutions or entities requesting a grant must fully cooperate with requests for information from the Foundation.
SIA Foundation grants continue to grow in scope. The Foundation has offered grant funding in multiple counties throughout the State of Indiana.